Allotment Envy

As I said in a previous post, our nearest neighbours are the allotments.  It's hard to look over the fence and see all those gardens filled with fruit trees and vegetable plants and not feel a twinge of envy.   I'd love to grow more fruit and veg but I don't think I could take on a whole allotment plot.  To scratch that gardening itch, I've made a small strawberry bed and planted beans, lettuces, tomatoes and herbs in containers.  I have two beautiful espaliered apple trees that are my pride and joy.  It's surprising how much food you can grow in a few pots.


Container gardening has been around for ages but now it's become an art form.  I found this clever idea for vertical gardening using an old pallet.  I thought I'd share with you.  I haven't tried it yet but I think it would be perfect for growing cut and come again salad crops!  I'd stain my pallet to match my fence.  I suppose you could go mad decorating it and make it a feature.  It's the sort of project that gets my imagination going.

If you'd like to give it a try click on this link to get all the instructions you need to make your own Pallet Garden ..... I'm off to sow my salad seeds!

Comments