LUCY! The Beautiful Bug

I confess, recently I have been remiss in my blogging.  I have been spending a lot of time practicing my bargaining techniques.  Finally, my first UK car, the ancient Cleo, has been retired.  She was good to me, taught me how to drive on the 'wrong side' of the road and down the narrowest of country lanes.  She got me through my UK driving test on the first try, not often done here I can tell you!  But she was too old and tired to trust on the open highway so she has gone to a new home to be used for school runs and more sedate journeys.  Cleo is very happy about the arrangement.  And in her place is a new lady,  LUCY!



Look closely and you can see why this car is named Lucy.  See around her 'eyes', she has 'diamond' LED lights!  Also, her sleepy, half-closed eyes make her look a little stoned!  I think she has a lovely face.  



As you can see, I've been busy negotiating for Lucy.  I hope we will be able to bring you more photos and stories of our travelling adventures.  Lucy is ready to roll..... I still have to learn how to use the SAT-NAV!  

Comments

  1. Hello Lucy. she does have a nice face :) Lol at the wrong side of the road, I s'pose it must be quite scary at first. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Cheryl!

      Quite scary isn't the word for it...TERRIFYING is more like it. Add in the nightmare of my first double roundabout and it's a wonder I learned to drive in the UK at all. But I did and I LOVE it! : )

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Janice. I am sure I will if I ever learn how to work the gadgets. : )

      Delete
  3. I have a 2002 Red VW Beetle...also named LUCY! I love my beetle; I hope you enjoy yours as well! LOVE, UK Lucy's 'diamonds!'

    Happy driving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Ana!

      All the best people have Bugs! This will be the third Beetle I've driven. We had a light blue one when I was in college, an orange one in the '80's and now Lucy! Lucy is very plush compared to the old fashioned Bugs. I love them all!

      Here's to happy motoring... Beep Beep! : )

      Delete
  4. that is a realy pretty car! I like the color.
    Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess!

      I am so glad you like Lucy. She is lots of fun to drive. She has all kinds of special gadgets that Uncle Andy likes to play with like a place to plug in your iPod! KOOL : )

      Love.
      Aunt Debs X

      Delete
  5. Okay it has been far too long since I have commented and this post definitely needs a comment! Lucy is awesome! How cool, and white no less, same color as my car. I cannot wait to get a ride in her someday! Maybe even take her for a spin around the block. :) But only if Andy was with me, making sure I turned the "right" way from the "wrong" side of the car on to the "wrong" side of the street! ha Great choice...stay safe and have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, Lucy is adorable! I never thought I'd say that about a car! : )x

      Delete

Post a Comment