Last Minute Tweaks

It's Christmas Eve! I can't believe how quickly time has passed.  All the gifts are wrapped and under the tree.  The kitchen is full of food just waiting for Christmas dinner.  Technically everything is ready.  I said 'technically'.  



We could have Christmas right now and it would be lovely, but I am a 'Tweaker'.   I will fuss and fluff around with the decorations, presents and food until the very last minute.



For example, I found these beautiful little deer at the farm shop when buying vegetables for our Christmas dinner.   I had to have them and add them to our hall coat hooks.



Then I spotted these little buckets.  They are really candle holders but I filled them with little gold ornaments and popped them on the dresser.



While I was looking for the gold ornaments I found some silver hearts.  They ended up on the light over the dining table.



I realised that we didn't have any Christmas cookies left, so I've baked some chocolate snowflake cookies.  Not that we needed cookies, we have mince pies, candy, nuts, Christmas pudding and trifle.



You can see what I mean.  It's Christmas Eve and I am still fussing about with trivial things. The baking and decorating are my favourite parts of Christmas and make me feel festive.  I hope you are enjoying the bits of the holiday season that makes you feel festive, too.   Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. Love your decorations and the snowflake cookes are so pretty. Have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice! We will do our best. I hope you have a great time, too!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful time. Your cookies are absolutely adorable. Wishing you the very best for 2013. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a very Happy and healthy New Year!

      Delete

Post a Comment