The Bee's Tea

I have what I loosely call a small lavender hedge.  It's really just a strip of scruffy lavender plants that edge the drive.  But this time of year it could be a tiny piece of Provence.


 

The scent is heady like a giant bar of Lavender soap.   



During the daylight hours it has a low droning hum... a soft, constant buzz.



Dozens of bees carefully visit each tiny flower to have their 'tea'.



And I sit among them, enjoying their company and the wonderful smell of Lavender.  It's the bee's knees!

Comments

  1. What beautiful photos! My lavender isn't out yet, but hopefully won't be long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of the scent. Lavenders are wonderful plants.

      Delete
  2. Les abeilles ici c'est terminé...plus rien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful lavender! I like the colour very much! And it is always visited by bees! Seems to be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a fan of lavender! I buy the girls lavender scented lotion and they smell delicious. :) We also have lavender in our backyard and I love the smell and color of the plant. Do you know when the best time to prune/cut back the plant is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prune my lavender when the flowers start to dry up, then I get a second flush of flowers before Autumn sets in. Then I prune again only a bit shorter to keep the plants thick and tidy. It smells SO good!

      Delete

Post a Comment