Sourdough Bread Starter

You never know when inspiration might strike.  I was filling the bread flour canister and about to but the empty flour bag into the recycling bin when something caught my eye.


First of all, the bag said 'Baking Mad' on it.  That's a pretty accurate description of me...but there was more.


On the back of the bag was this very easy recipe for making Sourdough Starter.  


I've never tried to make my own Sourdough starter.  All of the recipes seemed so complicated...put in this ....take out that...throw some away.  THROW SOME AWAY?!   I abhor food waste so this simple recipe is going to be my first step into the sourdough bread baking world.


Why don't you give it a try, too.   We can compare notes.  For heaven's sake, don't let me forget to feed the starter!  

Comments

  1. This does look more straightforward than a lot of recipes. I look forward to seeing how it develops. I love your note saying 'Feed Me!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stuff is romping away. Within 48 hours it was bubbling and smelled of strong cider. I am hopeful. : )

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure I could sleep at night knowing there was something "alive" growing and bubbling downstairs while I slept. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole process is like a science fair project..you never know if it's going to work or what you are creating!

      Delete

Post a Comment