Omelette Bowls - Glazed

I've never been good at waiting.  I've never been patient.  Curiosity often gets the better of me.  So waiting for the kiln to cool has been torturous!  I've learned the hard way,  you can't rush pottery.  If you fire it before it dries properly, it will explode.   If you open the kiln while it's still too hot the glaze will crackle and craze and you will ruin ALL the pots.  So after waiting for nearly two days; one whole day for firing, one whole day for cooling, it was time.......



The red bowl came out first.  It was still warm.



Next was the Verdigris bowl.  Verdigris is that greenish colour of old copper roofs.



The Oatmeal Speckled bowl was third out of the oven.   And the final one ...



Was the mossy green Celadon bowl.   This is the most organic colour of them all.  All four had survived the firing and my impatience.  I can't wait to make more!

Comments

  1. These are stunning Debs, I especially like both the green ones, but i'd happily buy any of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Su. : ) Your kind words are most encouraging. I have to say I am fond of the Verdigris glaze, too.

      Delete
  2. You are so clever! I especially love the verdigris one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind! I like the verdigris best, too.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Verdigris gets my 1st vote, with Oatmeal running a close 2nd! Well done...

    Sharon in Alabama (USA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I agree with you completely on those colour choices. The more I use the oatmeal bowl the better I like it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Sharon! : ) I agree, Verdigris is the best colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful they all are..have just caught up with your post..I still love the red but would happily buy any/all love Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill! : )X Bowl production is under way.

      Delete
  6. Lovely - especially the green and oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ian. : ) I wasn't sure of the oatmeal at first but it's become one of my favourites.

      Delete
  7. All stunningly beautiful, I hope you are proud of them! Tough decision but I think verdigris just edges 1st place, followed by oatmeal then red, then green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, Lisa. : ) The little oatmeal bowl has become my favourite. He is slightly smaller than the others and I always have a soft spot for the runts.

      Delete
  8. I really love the verdegris and celedon, will you be selling? (Please say yes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do I order? My email is riversidebaking@gmail.com if that's easier

      Delete
  9. They are truly beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment