Twas The First of December

Twas the first of December and all through the house was a flurry of activity. Everyone was helping to decorate the Christmas tree, even the MOUSE!



I know to some people the first day of December is too soon to begin decorating the tree but I love Christmas so I try to extend the season for as long as possible.  




I must confess that I don't have my usual enthusiasm.  I think it's because we've been so busy here.  And due to the late autumn, there are still leaves on the trees.  



But as each ornament goes up on the tree I am feeling more and more festive.  



Sometimes you just have to make a start and trust that Christmas Spirit will take over.  


I like to have a theme for our decorations.  This year it's going to be all red and white.  I think it looks rather Scandinavian with the folk art tin ornaments.


I don't believe in minimalist Christmas trees so every bough is decorated. I've even stuffed in some red berries for good measure. 


It's working, it's feeling more like Christmas already!  Now, let's tackle the garlands. 

Comments

  1. I love your red and white theme and choice of decorations. We will be putting our tree up in a couple of weeks. We always used to put it up in time for our elder daughter's birthday on the 14th. She's maried now but the tradition lives on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the best things about Christmas, making your own family traditions. : ) My mom had a 'tradition' of trying to make a particular type of Christmas candy. It failed every year but we had so much fun doing it, it didn't matter that we always had to eat it with a spoon.

      Delete
  2. Lovely red and white christmas decorations. No minimalism in my tree either, but we have to wait another week to start decorating because first on Decembert 5th Santa Claus is coming for the children in our country. When he has gone back to Spain we start with the christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most exciting time of year! I love hearing how Christmas is celebrated in other countries. While we share some traditions, everyone put their own personality into their holiday baking and decorations.

      Delete
  3. Your tree looks really lovely Debs. It is always easier to choose a colour or theme to carry through. Mine is going to be very 'deer' this year but will only go up later in the week or on the weekend....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your deer tree. I know it's going to be fabulous!

      Delete

Post a Comment