Blue and White in the Garden

Sometimes less is more.   Having a small garden,  I often find I try to shoehorn too many different plants into a small space.  The results are busy and bitty and generally not very nice.  



Now, I don't claim to know anything about garden design, but I've learned a little trick.... KEEP IT SIMPLE!



I like to restrict my container plantings to one or two colours and use easy to grow annuals like pelargoniums and lobelias.  They are inexpensive, reliable, and will bloom well into the autumn if you take care of them.



As a matter of fact, these white perlagoniums survived the winter in the garden!  




I also keep a few perennial flowers in large pots, like this Shasta Daisy. These are great to pop into any 'holes' that appear in the borders.  



We seem to be going through a white phase in the garden and I love it...



It is as if all the flowers are dressed in their old fashioned summer dresses, like those Victorian ladies who always wore white.



It's a classic summer combination, white with a touch of blue! 

Comments

  1. Your garden looks lovely, I must get out and take some pictures of mine,x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to take photos of the garden. It's funny how different the photos look compared to how we 'THINK' they should look. I'd love to see photos of your garden.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is gorgeous!!! My goodness! You knocked me over with your containers friend! And your whites are spot on! Love that lantern hanging on your fence by the way!!! Happy weekend to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole. : D I hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  3. I love blue and white together - so fresh. Your containers look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll go for the darker lobelia next year. It's a bit more dramatic. : Dx

      Delete

Post a Comment