Teapots

Every once in a while you just have to do those chores you hate; clean the oven, sweep out the garage, clean the kitchen cabinets.  Today was kitchen cabinet cleaning day so I climbed up the step ladder and took down all the teapots that live on top of the cupboards and gave everything a good scrub.



Now, I knew I had a teapot or two but they seem to be multiplying up there.  I can give you tea in several different ways, for example, the Keep Calm and drink tea fashion.



Perhaps you prefer the BoHo-Chic-Flower-Power-Hippy version, complete with hand-crafted cups and saucers.



If you are more of a High Tea at Budleigh Salterton type we've got you covered. My Mum-n-Law, Maggie, bought these cups from Fielding's of Sidmouth. Andy insists on having the one with gold trim. 



The teapot that gets the most use is the little brown T-for-one pot.   That big Brown Betty should have air miles.  I bought it from a special shop in St. Charles Missouri years before I ever knew I'd be living in England.  It may be the only Brown Betty to immigrate back to Britain.  I carried it back in my suitcase when I moved here...which was no mean feat.... that teapot is MASSIVE!  Cup of tea, anyone?

P.S.  There are more but perhaps we'll save those for another day.

Comments

  1. I have been busy in the kitchen this week, doing the once in a while .deep clean, just got a bit to finish off today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I dread but it's wonderful when it's done. : D

      Delete
    2. What a lovely teapot collection. My favourite is the BoHo chic one!

      Delete
    3. That was purchased in a charity shop for next to nothing and in perfect condition. It's almost impossible not to purchase them when they are going for a song. : D

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful collection. I'm a tea drinker, but being lazy I make do with a mug and teabag.
    The Brown Betty's bring back fond memories as mum had several and dad always said that they were the only 'proper' teapots. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the traditional Brown Betty, too. We are mug people but when we have guests around at teatime we always use a pot. : D

      Delete
  3. Lovely collection - the Brown Betty is fantastic. I bought one for my friend a few years ago, and he loves it. I think tea made with horrible London water tastes better made in a stainless steel teapot, like the pretty, old ones my parents used to use (I nabbed one when I saw they had stopped making proper leaf tea!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even tea made with tea bags tastes better out of a tea pot. It's just one of those strange things, tea pots make taking tea better!

      Delete

Post a Comment