Bean Sticks

The seed peas in the polytunnel have grown into proper little plants complete with tendrils.  It won't be long until they are ready to go out into the garden but before I plant them I need to make some supports for those tiny tendrils to twine around. 



I will probably make traditional bamboo tee pees for the runner beans and climbing peas. 



I like the look of these cane fences for the bush peas and beans.  



I've been doing some 'research' on plant supports and found lots of lovely ideas, for example, this rustic string bean trellis. 



Imagine the scent of sweet peas when you walk under this simple archway made of tied twigs.



I was really impressed with this Gothic arch made from green sticks, not that I have any use it, but it is beautiful.  Do you have a clever way to support your climbing plants?  



Comments

  1. Great ideas for climbing plants . . . you are an inspiration.
    Thank you
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration and beautiful ideas. I spend far too much time there.

      Delete

Post a Comment