The Year of the Deer

I love decorating for Christmas.  I have boxes and boxes of ornaments which have been collected over the years.  Most of the decorations have been purchased at the end of the holiday season which makes them very affordable sometimes even CHEAP!


For example, these sparkly, silver snowflakes were purchased for less than .50 per box of 8.  It took 72 snowflakes and 50 icicles to decorate our big tree this year. 


I like to decorate using a basic theme.  This year was the year of the deer. 


I bought a small herd of them in the 2016 post Christmas sales for practically peanuts.


They came in three sizes so there is a deer to fit almost any space.



I even found this lovely Santa's sleigh and reindeer bunting made of felt in the bargain bin. 


Of course, you have to have some festive garland... 


And Grumpy Bear comes out every Christmas no matter what the theme may be.


I like to add little Christmas trees to different nooks and crannies.


And the little black cat makes a cosy addition to any decor. 


This year we found this lovely little four foot tree for our master bedroom.  It sits perfectly on the butler's table in the corner and will be used every year from now on. 


The absolute buy of the season are these BIG wooden snowflakes, at 29 pence for two from the posh supermarket, Waitrose.   You can be sure they will come in handy for next year's decorating. 


Sadly, Christmas has been packed away for another year but I am already making plans for 2018.  I hope you had a beautiful Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year!  

Comments

  1. So great and imaginative decoration!
    And your cosy cat fills in the gaps so harmoniously! :-)
    Hyppy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should have been
    HAPPY new Year, of course! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you been?
    Good to see you again, and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know where I've been. I think the real world took over. Nice to see you again. : D

      Delete
  4. Wonderful Christmas trees and I love the deer theme, so many different ones. Yes, all the Christmas decorations are packed yesterday for next year and the tree is out to plant in the garden. Wish you a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you all the best in the New Year.

      Delete
  5. I love deer too - I have deer that stay up all year round - including the ones which are like your 3 - I just ignore their red ribbons. Your trees look lovely - I too look for more on the sales when they are more affordable. Best wishes for 2018 - your posts are always interesting ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I look forward to more loveliness from your posts, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment